The following documents need to be submitted during the application procedure:
- Valid, filled-in application form (to be filled online here);
- Certificate of education (school leaving qualification, high school diploma, document of graduation or any equivalent; university or college diploma/certificate or any equivalent; all in English (translated));
- Certificate or proof of citizenship and/or permanent residence (e.g. passport)
- In the case of Applicants applying to any of the Non-Medical Programs whose first language is not English, proof of English language proficiency*;
- Short Resume/CV (personal details, educational background, work experience, language skills, additional skills)
- Application fee of 150 USD (non-refundable) - bank details are available here
- Medical Certificate - please see a template here
- Citizens, nationals, or permanent residents of the United States of America applying for the Medicine program of the University are required to submit their Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) results;
*Having an IELTS/TOEFL language certificate is not a compulsory requirement. The applicant can prove his/her English proficiency in other ways, such as by other language certificates, good GED, SAT, ACT results. If the language of instruction during your studies for your previous degree was English, you may upload an official certificate about this fact, issued by your school/university; in this case no language exam is required. We can also conduct a Skype interview during your application to assess your English communication skills.
Further documents are required from master/transfer/PhD applicants, please see below.
You have to submit these documents through our online application platform here.
Please note that we cannot deal with incomplete applications – if any of the above-listed documents are missing we cannot proceed with your admission.
Students just about to complete their studies are required to send their transcript(s) to the Coordinating Center for International Education along with their final diplomas as soon as they receive it, and finally present the original document(s) during registration.
Please note that all requests concerning subject exemptions must be submitted at the time of the application (the declaration is included in the application form). Students must submit all available university transcripts and course descriptions along with other application documents; they will not be allowed to request exemptions later on.NOTE: Document(s) certifying the highest completed level of education along with the passport of the applicant should be scanned and sent to one of the representatives of the Coordinating Center for International Education, however the originals of the aforementioned documents should be presented during the oral entrance examination or University registration the latest.Special requirements for applications of transfer students
- Detailed transcript and descriptions of courses taken during your previous studies
- Filled and signed Credit Transfer Request Form - available here
On the basis of the submitted documents the Sub-Committee for Educational Matters and Credit-Transfer may decide what level the student may be admitted to.
Special requirements for applications to the non-medical programs of the University of Debrecen
- Detailed CV
- Bachelor degree
- Detailed transcript and descriptions of courses taken during undergraduate studies
- Detailed CV
- Master Degree
- Detailed transcript of courses taken during graduate studies
- 2 recommendation letters from former professors
- Proposal for a research topic chosen from those offered by the doctoral school, or a new topic with a detailed description
If the applicant meets the entry requirements, the University will inform him/her about all necessary steps in due time.
- for September intake:
- Medical, health science and non-medical PhD programs: 31st May
- other non-medical programs: 15th June
- for January/February intake:
- medical programs (only Basic Medicine Course II): 1st November
- non-medical PhD programs: 31st October
- other non-medical programs: 15th November
- For the Summer English Language Course: 30th April