In order to make it as clear as possible how you can enter Hungary and the UD premises we collected you the most important information below to further support you in filling out the necessary documentations.
We collect and continuously update general travel and entry information to Hungary under the Freshmen info.
Please also check carefully the quarantine instructions listed on this site.
Due to the COVID-19 situation in Hungary the Hungarian government has announced COVID-19 measures to take effect from midnight on 11th November 2020 until 11 January 2021, from which we would like to highlight the following:
- Higher education may be continued only in online form.
Further government measures include:
- Mask wearing in certain public areas is compulsory
- A curfew is instated between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- All forms of assembly is forbidden.
- Restaurants must close, but food delivery and take-away remains an option.
- Shops and services (e.g., hairdressers) must close by 9.30 p.m.
- Family gatherings and private events can only be attended by a maximum of 10 people.
- Recreational facilities, including gyms, indoor swimming pools, museums, theatres and zoos must close.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation all over the world and in accordance with our previous NEPTUN circulars, as of 11 August 2020 the University of Debrecen has introduced the following new regulations in order to protect the community of the University from COVID-19 infection.
Please consider the conditions below when arranging your travel back to Hungary!
Students arriving from abroad (no matter from which country) are not allowed to enter the University premises unless they meet one of the following criteria:
a) Students who can prove that they arrived 10 days prior to the intended start of the academic year to Debrecen are allowed to enter the University premises,
Please note, that University personnel may check the border-crossing dates in the students’ passports/boarding passes, please bring your passport/boarding passes with you when attending lectures, seminars and practices!
b) Students, who have 2 negative PCR tests done in Debrecen on day 1 or day 2 and day 5-7 after arrival are allowed to enter the University premises,
It is our definite request that all students respect COVID-19 regulations and restrictions of the University of Debrecen as the violation of these regulations may have serious consequences regarding your studies, and will result in the termination of your student status!
If you have any question, please contact email@example.com!