The Faculty was established in 1949, and now plays a leading role in training professionals, teachers and experts in science and technology in the Northern Lowland Region of Hungary. It cultivates, mediates and teaches a number of fields of biology, physics, geography, chemistry, environmental science and mathematics at an advanced level. The Faculty enables students to acquire a complex knowledge of natural phenomena in a practice-oriented way.
The Faculty has a teaching and research staff numbering over 200, who are engaged in significant research activities both in Hungarian and in international teams and actively participate in various professional organizations. The institutes of the Faculty have continuously expanded relationships with the corporate world in the fields of education, applied research and innovation.
The following undergraduate and graduate programs are available in English:
The following doctoral programs are offered to international students in the fields of science and technology: